Monday, February 3, 2014

Brussels Sprouts Hash with Sweet Potato and baked Egg



Hi There! On Saturday (I'm a bit behind on my blogging) I created this delicious breakfast for my husband and I. I get tired of making waffles or pancakes, although, I'm sure my husband doesn't get tired of eating them, and so I decided to create something with more nutrients and vegetables. I had all the ingredients in my kitchen and after looking at recipes online, I came up with this recipe. Hope you enjoy this delicious and easy breakfast as much as we did!
 

Brussels Sprouts Hash with Sweet Potato and Baked Egg Recipe
Servings: 3
Ingredients:
  • Medium Sweet Potato peeled and cut in 1/2 inches
  • 1 lb of Brussels Sprouts cut in half
  • half sweet onion diced
  • 2 TBS of olive oil
  • 3 eggs
Directions:
  1. Peeled and cut the sweet potato in 1/2 inches and dice the onion. In a cast iron heat up the 2 TBS of oil and let it heat up on medium heat. Add the onion and sweet potato and cook for about 5 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender.
  2. Add the brussels sprouts to the cast iron and cook for about 4 minutes and let it sit for about 5 minutes until you see the bottom caramalize. Stir after letting it sit and make 3 wells in the hash and add the eggs in each well. Add salt and pepper to taste. You can cook the eggs on the stove or if you want your eggs well done, just preheat the oven at 375 and place the cast iron directly in the oven for about 10 minutes.
  3. You can add cheese or bacon after it's done.
  4. Enjoy!

                                               Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato

                                           Cooking the sweet potato and onions

                                Letting the sweet potato and brussels spours sit and cook
And that's it! Pretty easy and quick breakfast when you are tired of eating the same ol' stuff. Would love to know what you think, so don't be shy and leave a comment :-)
-Eat, Love, Laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment