Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Cauliflower Buffalo "Wings"


Hey all! It's been a pretty crazy start of 2014 for me. I've been traveling a lot and trying to sell the house...I love the traveling part, but the selling...well, not so much. I mean, I'm excited to sell my house and move into a new home, but the showings is what's killing me, smalls (If you know what movie I just quoted, then you get extra brownie points). I hate having to stop what I'm doing in order to clean the house and they give me about an hour to do so. Oh, and on top of that, I have to pack my crazy dogs in the car. Blegh!

Sooooo...It was nice to stay home on Super Bowl day. We usually throw a small party with a few of our friends, but I told my husband, I needed a break. I loooove parties, but I go a little crazy when it comes to cooking. See, I have a problem with stopping at a few appetizers. If we invite 4 friends, I make enough for 4 friends plus 30 more...YIKES! Well, I made an appetizer that is truly delicious and best of all healthy! I made some delicious gluten-free Cauliflower Buffalo "Wings." So easy and yummy. My hubs couldn't stop eating them! So scroll on down to check out my recipe. You won't be sorry :-)







Cauliflower Buffalo "Wings"

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium size head of cauliflower
  • 1/2 gluten free flour (I use Trader Joe's gluten-free flour)
  • 1/2 coconut milk (use any type of milk you want)
  • 1/2 TBS cayenne pepper (if you like yours extra hot)
  • 1/2 cup Frank's buffalo hot sauce
  • 2 TBS melted butter 
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 425 F* degrees. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray (I use coconut oil)
  2. Chop up the cauliflower into wing sized. I used all of my cauliflower, but for two people it was a lot.
  3. Mix the flour, milk, and cayenne pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Mix till everything is well blended.
  4. Dip the "wings" into the flour mixture and let some of the mixture drip off and place on oiled cookie sheet.
  5. Place cookie sheet in preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, depending on how crispy you want your "wings."
  6. A few minutes before the "wings" are done, prepare the buffalo sauce. Place hot sauce and butter in a microwavable measuring cup and heat for 2 minutes or until butter has melted. 
  7. When "wings" are done, let it cool off for a bit and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the hot sauce and toss around till it's coated in deliciousness. 
  8. Enjoy
 

And that, my dear friends, is how you make a delicious and healthy appetizer for any type of gathering. You will be asked for this recipe by the pickiest of eaters. I know, because my hubs is one of them. 

Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog!

-Eat, Love, Laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment