Monday, February 3, 2014

Roasted Chicken and Potatoes


Hi there friends! Looks like I've been on vacation for a long time! I hope everyone had a fun Thanksgiving with your loved ones. We sure did! Now it's back to reality for a few weeks and then Christmas. It's a bit crazy at my house right now because we are selling our home and hopefully moving to a new home soon. We are busy busy busy and with Christmas just around the corner...phew! But not too busy to eat healthy and cook something delicious.

I have a new recipe that I came up with and it is amazing! My husband loved it so much, we didn't have any left overs. I call my new creation, "Roasted Chicken and Potatoes." Pretty creative, huh? ;-) Well, just look at that deliciousness down there! Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

So let's get down to business and let me give you the recipe.

Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
Ingredients:
  • 4 Chicken breast
  • 1/2 cup of chicken broth
  • 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, chopped
  • 1 tbs poultry seasoning
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 carrots, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 4  russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Clean chicken and season with the dried rosemary, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Leave a little bit of dried rosemary and poultry seasoning to add to the potatoes. Place chicken in a non-stick oven-safe pan.
  2. Cut the carrots and potatoes and put them in a bowl and season them with the remaining dried rosemary and poulty seasoning and toss the mixture with olive oil. Set the vegetables around the chicken. Add the chicken broth on top of the chicken and vegetables.Cover and cook for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.
  3. Enjoy!
Like I said, super easy and delicious! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did at my house. Come back later for another favorite recipe of mine!


-Eat, Love, Laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment